Saturday, September 13, 2008

Schooling days Pt.1

As days getting nearer before my flights to Manchester I have plenty of time to do relections on my life. Thinking back I have plenty of memories especially during my schooling days. Schooling days memories are hard to forget but easy to laugh at.

As all of us grew older day by day, the things that we used to laugh at might no longer be funny, the things that we feel excited about we might find it useless now and the things we used to appreciate we might just toss it aside. Thats the reality of life but of course we always try to keep those memories alive by meeting up with old friends and bringing up all those funny moments so that it will never be forgotten.

Here I would like to share those memories i had since kindergarden till my secondary school as those time are fulled with sweet and painful memories. I had my regret in some of those events while the rest are simply awesome and breathtaking.

Kindergarden

I studied in PBA (Penang Buddhist Association) for 2 years during those days. I was a very quiet and timid boy back then. I shy away from people and hardly make any friends , in fact I don't remember having any friends during my kindergarden years maybe I do but I no longer remember. My studies was alright I would say, most of the time I m Top 10 in my class, yea I was exam orientated since my kindy years. I still remember my 1st year teacher was a very young and gorgeous looking lady , I even had a crush on her back then , yup I know i m perverted and crazy but she was a fine looking lady so I can't help it cause Saw knows how to appreciate beauty since he was young *grins* . Then I also remember that there is this girl, my classmate, she always wore white dress to class and she is the very smart and charisma type. Even at such young age , you can see a group of kids following her around and listening to her , she is just like a "tai ka cheh" in that kindy. Well I had to admit I had secret crush on her but she is untouchable so there goes my first love. Then later in my life in F6 to be exact I met a few of my old kindy friends and they showed me our old picture and I saw that girl again and I suspect she is my classmate because she said that the girl is her, I was like "OMFG" why God play me like that but what happens next ? Well it shall be review in the next posting on my love and relationship. Now just talk about schooling life. Thats all for my kindy years I guess.

Primary School

Lower Primary (Std1 - Std3)
Going over to primary school is definately a hard thing for me because I m such a EARLY bloomer. If you go to my school which is St.Xavier's Branch School during those time especially during the assembly you will see 1 guy standing tall above the rest at least 1 head taller and much bigger compared to those small kiddos around him and yes you guess it right that guy is ME !!! I wasnt hard to find even up till now you can see me even from across the sea. I was in a class by the name Lekir from Std1 till Std3, our classes goes by Lekir,Tuah,Lekiu,Jebat and Kasturi yea those Malay warriors name during the Kesultanan Melaka. I was very smart during those times always get top 5 in my class and even get 1st boy in 2Lekir beating Terence Hing but that was back then cause later in our life , Terence Hing let me "smell no smoke" and I dont think I can smell his fart either. The first person I made friends with when I enter Std1 should be Ong Jia Yit because my mum talked to his mum and from there we become friends but don't be wrong Saw was still a very timid and quiet guy. Then during Std3 we had this PTS thingy where we can skip Std4 and straight to go to Std5 if we excel in the exam but sadly I didnt make it because I m stupid.PERIOD. The only 2 person make it pass the PTS were Aloysius Wong and Kenneth Chee, Aloy took the offer while Chee decided to stays in Std4. I was dissapointed I m not able to make it. ZZZZzzz. Lower primary was a calm and fruitful journey.

Upper Primary (Std4 - Std 6)
During Std4 we were streams into different classes so I m separated with most of my classmates from 1-3 Lekir. So they have this system where the top40 students will go to the first class and the next 40 will be in second class and so it goes. The 1st class was called Kamil followed by Jujur and etc all are meaning of good characteristic. Well Saw definately is in the 1st class from 4 till 6 Kamil all the way. My results was still ok, normally would get around top10 in my class so indirectly i m top10 in my standard (Lansi right ? that time can lansi la now cannot d). I was in Yellow house for my PE and sports activities, because of my size all the years the events I joined and represented my house was Tarik Tali and Shot Putt but don't know why Tarik Tali my house never win 1st place even with I m in it maybe because fat people dont have energy kua since it is not muscle but I manage to get champion for 3 years straight in Shot Putt if I m not mistaken and during Std6 I represented school and manage to get 1st place and broke the record of Zon Kelawai in MSSPP. In MSSPP state level I really "smell no smoke" when a thin guy win the Shot Putt gold medal and I just manage to finish fourth and I still remember that guy name because it is so unique, he was TAN JI from Hutchings. Unique right Tan Ji, if say few times become TA HI , I m just jealous of him and wanna insult him thats all. I also played football and handball. Football I m just a back up keeper for the school because I m not good enough while in Handball I was the CAPTAIN for school team but we got thrashed by other school because that was 1st year of forming Handball Club so we dont even know what are we doing. Oh yea I still remember there is 1 time when we were doing High Jump during PE lesson, the field was wet and Raymond Cornelious took off stylishly and run towards the pole manatau he slipped and his face *BANG* to the mattress. Haha we were laughing our heart out. Oh yea I was forbidded to do High Jump during primary school because I bend the pole when I cant jump through and make it bend when I landed on top of it. I even broke a pole , hehe but it was old and rusty pole ok. I have plenty of cool teachers during primary school. In Std4 my class teacher was Pn.Bala an Indian lady in her late 30s , she always advise me to eat less meat and concume more vege because I m overweight, well is not that I am angry with her it just that she is VERY FAT herself and sometimes when she advise me she was munching away FRIED CHICKENS, I was like please la walk the talk if you want me listen to you. My Std5 class teacher was a cool guy, Mr. Chan Tye Choon is his name, even though he is almost bald like Zizou but he has the charisma and flair . When he uses his hands to do his hair he is so 'yau yeng' even Brad Pitt also loses.
Wee Nee if you are reading tell your Dad he is still handsome and charismatic even till today. He teaches me alot of things during the whole year and never disciminate me for my size. My Std6 teacher was Ms.Teoh , a very strict but compassionate teacher, she appointed me as the Class Monitor but she always ask me go up and down the staircase to do chores for her then she will say "Walk staircase good for you, you can lose some weight" . She gave us alot of homeworks I mean by english-educated standard of course cannot be compared with chinese schools. After all the hard work I manage to score straight A's in my UPSR *hehe*. Even till today when I go back to my primary school to visit it still bring back alot of memories.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At September 13, 2008 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Victor said...

Walau eh, saw...u really make me tink bac my primary schooling life..

i cant help myself from laughing out while reading ur posting...especially tat high jump pole part and Pn. Bala part...tats really a sweet memory

Let me add sumting at the high jump part:
Actually saw dun jump over the pole like what everyone did. In state he run toward the pole and straight bang the pole. Together with the pole, he fell on the mattress. That's how the pole get bent.

This important part mus write la, saw...people like see khoon, bu, ping all not St. Xavier's branch wont know wat really happen until the pole bend or break into 2 la...

Hahahaha

 
At September 13, 2008 at 11:12 AM , Blogger sir Simply saw {sSs} said...

walau dun have to go to such details kua...
oh yea Jin Wei here is the Deputy Head Prefect right ? haha and jeremy anthony Head Prefect..
lol

 
At September 14, 2008 at 6:37 AM , Blogger cesckun said...

boo sama cawangan...
i also from pba...but nv see such person b4

 
At September 14, 2008 at 7:06 AM , Blogger sir Simply saw {sSs} said...

such person as in the teacher or the girl ?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home