Wednesday, May 13, 2009

EMIRATES here I come

Been job searching all over the places, but so far not much luck until TODAY, 13 May , I was finally called for an interview for a JOB !!! OMG ... So far until today dont really have much luck with job searching because either the people looking for permenant type of person or HANDSOME, since I m not UK citizen or HANDSOME so basically with my criteria I cant even pass the first round of application so dont mention get called for an interview..

Last week ,I bump into an advert looking for part-time Event Retail Assistant , so I was thinking what the heck just go ahead and apply and they asked me to go for interview today. Do you know where is the location of my interview ? TAADAA





Yup it was at See Khoon & Gang beloved Emirates Stadium... Well honestly I knew before hand what this company does thats why I applied for it.. This company DNC that I am applying for is the sole provider for Catering and Hospitality Section for Wembley Stadium, Emirates Stadium and Pride Park, well you see Pride Park isnt really a park is the home ground of Derby County FC. So basically what this company does is in charge of food and alcohol for those stadium matches and events.

So I went for interview that scheduled at 1000 but I depart from my place at 0720 for a journey that take me around 1 and half hour because I was very excited you see, working in a stadium while I m here is part of my dream and plan and now I got the chance to work in at least THREE stadiums ,THREE totally awesome and cool and fun and sweet stadium. Reach around 0845, so decided to walk around and see if I can bump into Fabregas and tell him I got a friend name FATbregas too...lol...

I was quite shocked when I reach because I saw like few hundreds or maybe even thousand of people sitting upstairs in the conference room, I mean I know the unemployment rate is freaking high like 2.2 Million but what the fuck with so many people applying for this job even though I was nervous and confident at the same time.. Then I walked forward and ask a guy looking like a security guard, " Excuse me Sir, is this where the DNC job interview took place ? " and he gave me the 'umm, what the fuck' type of look and say " Nop, this is the contestants for the X Factor audition" . Honestly at the moment I was so relieved is like JACK FINALLY GOT HIS FIRST KISS and get tongue tied. X FACTOR is something like Akademi Fantasia, American Idol, Britan Got Talent those kind of reality series. Here is a clip on X FACTOR



Ok back to me, finally manage to get to the interview location after asking at the Security Office. The interview location is at the very cool dining area inside the stadium that normally would cost £300 pax for hospitality during the match, so I had quite a good view of the field but too bad I couldnt take picture of it because we have turn off our phone but nevermind I will have my chance soon. The first batch of candidates roughly around 30 of us which is quite a big group since they have like 5 or 6 interview sessions. Suprisingly among the 30 of us there are no WHITE , white as I mean caucasian,ang moh, yellow monkey or anyway you would like to put it. 60% were Indians, 30% African and 10% Chinese, I guess this type of job not that popular among them I guess.

Is been a while since I been to an interview so I would say my performance during the interview isnt what it should be, I could do better but I didnt, although I think I did quite badly but somehow the interviewer decided that he will give me a chance, so basically I sort of get the job but I do have to go through a few training sessions on the company, Health and Safety , Fire Procedures before my appointment is confirm. So I guess I will be working in stadium during COOL matches soon. That is not too bad for a start even though is only occasional and part time position.


I really hope that I can get to start work soon, I know EPL season is nearly over but we have alot of World Cup qualifying and friendly matches coming up which I hope I will be able to participate in it. See May 13 isnt that bad after all, is only bad because a handful of idiot make it bad.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At May 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM , Blogger cesckun said...

hmmmm...part of my dream..
meet him get get me his signature

 
At May 16, 2009 at 9:14 AM , Anonymous choohoe said...

WTF?

damm, i am jealous...dude, one day i shall be there too... One day....


anyway, wish u well with ur new job man!

 
At May 20, 2009 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Rachael Lim said...

congrats!!!
ahahaha
i'll pay a visit soon!

 
At May 25, 2009 at 4:31 PM , Blogger sir Simply saw {sSs} said...

see khoon : i will if soemhow i manage to meet him la
choo hoe : we always welcome you, never have my chance to step inside the bridge yet
Rach : i m looking forward to your visit, hope you dont come empty handed ya

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home